- By an act of the will, after making your own quick, conscious alignment, link up as a soul with the souls of your group brothers. Then link up with their minds, and then with their emotional natures. Do this by the use of the imagination, realizing that energy follows thought and that the linking process is inevitable, if correctly done. You can then function as a group. Then forget about the group relation and concentrate upon the work to be done.
- Within yourself, then, link soul and brain and gather together the forces of love that are to be found in your aura and focus yourself and all that you have to offer within the head, picturing yourself as a radiant center of energy or a point of vivid light. This light is to be projected upon the patient through the ajna center between the eyes.
Then say the following group mantram:
“With purity of motive, inspired by a loving heart, we offer ourselves for this work of healing. This offer we make as a group and to the one we seek to heal.”
As you do this, visualize the linking process going on. See it as moving lines of living light substance, linking you to your brothers on the one hand, and to the patient on the other. See these lines going out from you to the heart center of the group and to the patient. But work ever from the ajna center until instructed to do differently. In this way, the ajna center and the heart center of all the persons involved will be closely interrelated. You see here where the value of visualization comes in. It is in reality the etheric externalization of the creative imagination. Think this last sentence out.
- Then use thought, directed thought, for a brief moment and think of the one you seek to heal, linking up with him, and focusing your attention on him so that he becomes a reality in your consciousness and close to you. When you are aware what the physical difficulty is, then simply recall it to your mind and then dismiss it. Forget now the details of the work, such as the group, yourself and the difficulty of the patient, and concentrate upon the type of force you are going to handle, which is, in this case and for the present, second ray force, the force of love. What I am here giving out is an adaptation of the second ray method of healing, arranged for beginners.
- Feel a deep love pouring into you. Regard it as substantial light which you can and will manipulate. Then send it out as a stream of radiant light from the ajna center and direct it through the medium of your hands to the patient. In doing this, hold the hands before the eyes, palms outward and with the backs of the hands next to the eyes and about six inches away from the face. In this way, the stream which is issuing from the ajna center, becomes divided into two and pours out through the two hands. It is thus directed on to the patient. Visualize it as pouring out and sense the patient receiving it. As you do this, say aloud in a low voice:
“May the love of the One Soul, focused in this group, radiate upon you, my brother, and permeate every part of your body – healing, soothing, strengthening; and dissipating all that hinders service and good health.”
- Say this slowly and deliberately, believing in the results. See that no thought-power or will-power enters into the stream of healing energy, but only a concentrated radiating love. The use of the visualizing faculty and of the creative imagination, plus a sense of deep and steadfast love, will keep the mind and the will in abeyance.
I would emphasize the urgent necessity for complete silence and reticence in relation to all healing work. Never let it be known by anyone that you are working in this manner, and never mention to anyone the names of those you are seeking to aid. Do not discuss the patient under treatment even among yourselves. If this basic rule of silence is not kept, it will indicate that you are not yet ready for this work and should discontinue it. This injunction is far more important than you can realize; for speech and discussion not only tend to deflect and dissipate force, but violate a fundamental rule which all healers are trained to keep, and even the medical profession on the physical plane follows the same general procedure.
Esoteric Healing – Chapter I – The Psychological Causes of Disease
Alice Bailey & Djwhal Khul