The constitution of man, as considered in the following pages, is basically threefold, as follows:
The Monad, or pure Spirit, the Father in Heaven.
This aspect reflects the three aspects of the Godhead:
- Will or Power – The Father
- Love-wisdom – The Son
- Active Intelligence – The Holy Spirit
and is only contacted at the final initiations, when man is nearing the end of his journey and is perfected. The Monad reflects itself again in
The Ego, Higher Self, or Individuality.
This aspect is potentially
- Spiritual Will – Atma
- Intuition – Buddhi, Love-wisdom, the Christ principle
- Higher or abstract Mind – Higher Manas
The Ego begins to make its power felt in advanced men, and increasingly on the Probationary Path until by the third initiation the control of the lower self by the higher is perfected, and the highest aspect begins to make its energy felt.
The Ego reflects itself in
The Personality, or lower self, physical plane man.
This aspect is also threefold
- A mental body lower – manas
- An emotional body – astral body
- A physical body – the dense physical and the etheric body
The aim of evolution is therefore to bring man to the realization of the Egoic aspect and to bring the lower nature under its control.
Initiation, Human and Solar – Foreword – The Constitution of Man
Alice Bailey & Djwhal Khul